If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (909) 425-1115

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

OMG! What is that? insulation? mold?

2/4/2021 (Permalink)

Mold Mushrooms coming out of the door casing. A small leak in your home can cause severe mold damage.

With our very busy lives it is easy to overlook simple things like small water leaks, mold, or even smells. 

I am one of those persons that is so busy every day that I rarely notice anything around the house until it's very visible or too late. Just like this picture, the homeowner just thought it was something like insulation, never gave it any thought until it grew. It turned out to be mold growing inside her walls eek!!

I am going to give you quick tips on what to be looking for to prevent severe mold damage. 

  1. Check underneath all your faucets in your home for small leaks. 
  2. Look underneath your faucets to see if you see signs of past water damage. 
  3. Look at your ceilings and check for brown/black spots, bubbling or chipped paint.

A slow leak can cause serious damage if left unchecked. Like in this picture, for example. The slow leak was from the restroom upstairs. When SERVPRO of Highland/ N. Redlands arrived to inspect the home, we found a mold infestation inside the walls. Our team worked fast to remove all the mold and get the home back to normal “Like it never even happened.” 

If you suspect you have a mold issue, call SERVPRO of Highland N. Redlands right away. Our technicians will inspect your home, locate where the issue is coming from, and fix it. 

Other News

View Recent Posts